In this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- The benefit of paying off your mortgage versus investing your money.
- Some of the factors to consider when you’re going into retirement.
- The historical pattern of mortgage interest rates over the last 10+ years and how it is changing now.
- The pros and cons of some of the ways in which you can use your investments to pay/pay off your mortgage.
- There is no one size fits all answer to financial questions regarding your home.
- Going into retirement with no major financial obligations is far more reassuring than having large financial obligations.
- Pay attention to your interest rates over various debts – The rule of thumb states pay off your highest interest rate first.
- Don’t take money out of your home to put it into the market.
“If you have a mortgage right now, this is the lowest mortgage that you are going to have. If you have gotten it over the last 10 years…” — Tammy Symons
Connect with Tammy Symons:
See KT’s interview on C-Suite Network’s Best Seller TV
Connect with KT Thomas: http://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.