In this episode, KT discusses:
- How the market trends in August due to vacations.
- Diversifying and risk and how it worked with the market this year.
- Why people don’t sell even when prices are high.
- What stock buy backs are, why they matter, and how it is effecting the markets this year.
- 71% of the S&P500 return was generated from only 4 companies – Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Netflix.
- Staying in stocks is not the same as buying stocks.
- September and October tend to be the worst months on average most years.
- Be careful about frequent round-trippers – those that buy back and sell over and over again, as it can change the price of your stocks often.
“Don’t get too caught up in the idea of loving one company or one part of the market. These sectors come in and out of style over the course of the year.” — KT Thomas
Referenced: The Motley Fool
See KT’s interview on C-Suite Network’s Best Seller TV
Connect with KT Thomas: http://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.