In this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- What the The Family and Medical Leave Act is and how people can use it.
- Having a cash reserve and understanding if it is enough money.
- Protecting yourself if you get sick.
- Understanding the benefits of The Family and Medical Leave Act.
- The The Family and Medical Leave Act is not a paid leave, but it does protect your position, although this does change depending on your company/state.
- You can take up to twelve weeks in a twelve-month time period to use a medical leave.
- Understanding what is considered cash reserve. If you cannot easily convert it to cash, it is not cash reserve.
- The cheaper the insurance policy, the less likely it will protect you.
“If your employer does not have a paid medical leave option then, it is important to know what they do offer.” — Tammy Symons
Connect with Tammy Symons:
See KT’s interview on C-Suite Network’s Best Seller TV
Connect with KT Thomas: https://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.