In this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- KT’s experience with a death of a family member
- If you’re the griever, what you should be thinking about
- Planning a funeral
- Inquiring about life insurance
- When a family member passes, make sure you know whose name is on current loans, any debt, insurance, etc.
- The initial task after someone passes away is to seek financial advice from a professional
- Take loved ones with you when you go to the funeral home to make big decisions
- Take a good inventory of everything that the deceased had — reach out to his/her financial planner — and use that information to make informed financial decisions
“When you’re grieving, you’re not yourself… and you can’t really think things through.” — KT Thomas
Connect with Tammy Symons, CFP:
Connect with KT Thomas: https://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.