In this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- How to rebuild yourself after divorce, financially
- How your expenses change
- The help of a professional through a divorce
- Protecting your credit score
- Putting together your new income vs. expenses and understanding what that is, is a great first step
- Sometimes, the beauty of going through a divorce is you having the ability to make and craft your own retirement goals
- Get rid of joint credit cards ASAP
- Make sure you understand what the divorce agreement states… keep an eye on your beneficiaries for your life insurance, your retirement accounts etc.
“There are going to be changes in earned income as well as expenses paying out child care… those changes are most likely going to happen and you need to account for what those changes are going to be.” — Tammy Symons
Connect with Tammy Symons, CFP:
Connect with KT Thomas: https://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.